Access to Parish Records
The following records/registers are held in the parish and are available for inspection by appointment with the Vicar.
- Baptisms in St Botolph's, Newbold-on-Avon: July 1975 onwards
- Baptisms in St John's, Long Lawford: August 1987 onwards
- Marriages in St Botolph's, Newbold-on-Avon: October 1996 onwards
- Marriages in St John's, Long Lawford: July 1987 onwards
- Burials in St Botolph's, Newbold-on-Avon: September 1954 onwards
- Burials in St John's, Long Lawford: October 1948 onwards
All records prior to these dates are held for safe keeping at:
The County Records Office
Telephone: 01926 738959
Fax: 01926 738969
Rugby Library holds parish registers on microfilm for Long Lawford, covering baptisms from 1945 to 1987, marriages 1948 to 1976 and banns from 1948 to 1967.
The Newbold-on-Avon registers at the library cover the years from 1559 to 1976 for baptisms, marriages up to1983 and burials up to 1954.
St Botolph’s Parish Registers
The Rugby Family History Group has released a new transcription on CD of the parish records held by the Warwickshire County Record Office. These records cover baptisms from 1559 to 1876, marriages from 1559 to 1837, and burials from 1559 to 1900. The transcription has been subject to thorough checking and The RFHG believes it to be the most complete and accurate available.
The CD may be ordered from:- Mrs C Hancock, 12 Mellor Road, Hillmorton, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 4BP. Price £15 plus p&p £0.75 (UK) or £2.07 (overseas) per CD; Cheques should be made out to Rugby Family History Group (RFHG). More information is available at www.rugbyfhg.co.uk, click on “Shop”.
A further link is...
Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry